Friday, July 23, 2010

CRIMINAL MINDS: KIRSTEN AT COMIC-CON


Criminal Minds: Entertainment Weekly and CBS invaded this year’s Comic-Con with a party purely for the fans. Readers got the chance to meet their favorite EW staffers, like Michael Ausiello and Jeff “Doc” Jensen, at the fiesta in San Diego’s Hard Rock Hotel. Fans were also treated to a Q&A by EW managing editor Jess Cagle with some of CBS’ best talent, including The Big Bang Theory‘s Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, and Kaley Cuoco as well as Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park from this fall’s highly anticipated Hawaii Five-O and The Defenders‘ Jerry O’Connell. But the topic on everyone’s minds was the weekend’s ginormous pop culture convention. Says Criminal Minds‘ Kirsten Vangsness, “CBS was like, ‘Would you like to come to Comic-Con?’ And I was like, ‘What the what?! Yes please!’ This is so up my tree and I wanted to go so many years. But now I’m invited, and it’s just the greatest way to get baptized into the sweet, sweet waters Comic-Con.” NCIS star Pauley Perrette was in such a hurry to come down to the convention that she arrived still in character. “CBS had me shooting early this morning,” Perette told EW. “I was shooting NCIS and then I had to jump home, get my dogs ready, get my house ready, speed down to San Diego. I get down here and my friend is like, ‘You still have half a fake spider web tattoo on your neck.’ So, I actually just arrived. The world of Comic-Con is ahead of you.”

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/23/ew-cbs-comic-con-party/